Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Walking! (well, he did it once…)

After a rather long hiatus, I am renewing my effort to blog on a more regular basis. So I would like to start with my most important and exciting news: Pumpkin walked! It actually happened a couple of weeks ago (he was eleven months and one week old at the time). We were out my parents’ house and I was trying to show them how well Pumpkin could stand on his own for a few seconds at a time. I stood him up and slowly moved my hands off of his torso and then he…walked to my mom. He went about two or three steps and did it very matter-of-factly as if he had done it many times before. I was in shock and so excited (and to be honest, rather nervous since our house is STILL not completely baby-proofed). It must be something about them or that house since my nephew also took his first steps there. Of course, when you find a woman who gives you toys every time you see her, who wouldn’t want to walk to her?? He has refused to take any steps since then; in fact, anytime I try to stand him up in front of me to practice, he goes limp-legged and refuses to even stand. He is still standing and cruising along the furniture but as we have often learned in the past, Pumpkin is not our trained monkey and will do what he pleases, when he pleases, thank you very much.

No comments: